Training is at no cost to you, and you get paid as an apprentice!
Apprenticeship and ongoing skills enhancement training are keys to building a life-long career in the construction trade unions.
- Construction trades' apprenticeship training is exceptional and conducted in state-of-the-art training centers throughout the southwestern Pennsylvania region.
- There is no tuition for our three- to five-year training programs – they are jointly funded by the 16 construction trade unions and their affiliated contractors.
- Classroom and on-the-job training follow federal and state guidelines.
- Apprenticeship programs develop highly skilled craftsmen and women who can also earn college credits in many of our apprenticeship programs.
- Training never ends! Skills enhancement training is ongoing and keeps pace with technological advancements.
- Apprentices are paid and, like journeymen and women, are provided with health insurance and retirement benefits.
The benefits of entering our apprenticeship programs and becoming a construction trades union member:
- Expertly trained and educated so you can build a meaningful life-long career.
- Exceptional wages, health and retirement benefits.
- The support of an organization that wants you to succeed. Your success is our success.
- You will be a member of an organization that has built a committed, working and business relationship with the premier general and specialty contractors in the region.
- A commitment to the safest possible job sites adhering to all OSHA regulations with an absolute commitment to drug-free training and job sites.
- The true satisfaction and pride of helping to build the physical structure of our region, ensuring a vibrant economy and career opportunities for hundreds of thousands of our citizens.
Who should consider a career in the construction trades? YOU!
Whether a recent high school graduate, someone who is underemployed with few if any benefits, someone with some college experience, or even college graduates who are unsatisfied in their present job – you owe it to yourself to investigate the true career possibilities in the construction trades. The opportunities are endless and our training programs provide you with the knowledge and skills to not only be a highly skilled, professional journeyman but to pursue other career tracks such as becoming a foreman or superintendent, construction estimating, project management and more.
The commercial construction industry in our region is in the early stages of what will likely be the largest building boom in our history, and you can be a part of it. Take the first step and research our 16 apprenticeship programs, visit the training centers you have an interest in, and meet our instructors and apprentices. It may very well prove to be the best time investment you ever make.