The Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee of Plumbers Local Union No. 27 is accepting applications for its Apprenticeship Training Program.
An application may be obtained between February 26, 2018, through March 10, 2018, at Plumbers Local; Union No. 27 Headquarters/Pipe Trades Training Center, 1040 Montour West Industrial Park, Coraopolis, PA, 15108 and at the Erie Training Center, 8150 Hawthorne Drive, Erie, PA, 16509.
Applications are available during the following hours:
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM – 5:30 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
The application must be completed at the time of registration. No application will be given at the time of application unless all qualifications are met as listed below.
- Must be of good moral character and physically able to perform the work of the trade.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Must have a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
- Must be a citizen of the United States and reside within the geographical jurisdiction of Plumbers Local Union No. 27.
(The jurisdiction of Plumbers Local Union No. 27 encompasses the following counties in Western Pennsylvania: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Clarion, Crawford, Erie, Forest, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Venango, Warren, the cities of Arnold and New Kensington in Westmoreland County; and sections of Washington and Greene Counties.)
- Applicant must pay of non-refundable fee of $30.00 check or cash at the time of application to cover the cost of processing.
- Applicants, if accepted, will be required to undergo a substance abuse test.
- Applicants, if accepted, will be required to undergo a criminal background check.
- Applicants will be required to take a written qualification examination at Plumbers Local Union No. 27 headquarters in Coraopolis, PA.
- Applicants who qualify, based on written examination, will be granted a personal interview, which will be held at Plumbers Local Union No. 27 headquarters in Coraopolis, PA. Selection of apprentices will be based on qualification, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin or gender.
- Any person selected as a probationary apprentice must pay $250.00 toward their initiation fee of $500.00 total, and the remaining $250.00 after an acceptable probationary period of one year. Residential apprentices must pay $125.00 toward their initiation fee of $250.00 total, and the remaining $125.00 after an acceptable probationary period of one year.
The following documentation must be presented, and is needed, to apply:
- High school diploma or G.E.D
- $30.00 application fee (cash or check)
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Transcript of High School Grades
Upon completion of your application form, providing all the above documentation is present and acceptable, you will be assigned a testing time for the General Aptitude Test.
The Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee urges all interested persons to comply with the dates to be considered for this year’s apprenticeship program.